You can use the preset that is defined for setting up a GPS database update timer. If
you’d prefer, the follow steps will set up a tracking timer for your GPS database:
– Go to the “Maint/Service” tab.
– Right click on the grid and select “Create New Maintenance Item”.
– Set the description to “GPS Update” and system to “Avionics”.
– Make sure the “entered date” is set to today.
– Set the due date to 28 days from today.
– Set “then every” to 28 days.
– Check “display on dashboard”
– Click the Save button.
These steps can be used to set up any other item that needs to be regularly inspected or
Posted in: SquawkLog User Tips